Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sam's Surgery

He is actually smiling in this picture, but his little face is so swollen it is hard to tell!


Our little guy had his BIG surgery today. He was so good. I cannot say enough about our hospital, Children's HealthCare of Atlanta, Scottish Rite. The nurses are amazing and the amenities are equal to a nice hotel. They even have room service and family activities. Our team of doctors, Dr. Williams (Craniofacial/Plastic Surgeon), Dr. Thomas (Craniofacial Dentist) and Dr. Aiden (ENT) were comforting and more than competent. Each visited us before and after their part in the surgery and promised to treat Sam as is he were their own. Sam, of course, has charmed everyone he comes in contact with. I have so many details to share, but I need to get some sleep first. I will update tomorrow. Oh, and by the way, it RARELY ever snows here, and wouldn't you know it - it was like a blizzard. I left the hospital (Russ is still there) to get my other children settled and then go back up, but now I am snowed in at home. As much as I look forward to even a flake of snow, I am hoping it will be warm enough tomorrow so that I can get to my baby!!!

8 Comments:

At 11:21 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

So glad to hear from you guys and thankful his surgery went well. I envy your snow but not now when it is not good for you. I hope you make it back out tomorrow....

{{HUGS}} to all of you!

 
At 7:20 AM , Blogger the mommy said...

Julie it is so good to hear from you. We have had you all and Sam in our thoughts lately. We will keep him in our prayers.. Take care of yourself.

Much Love
Susan

 
At 8:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad Sam is doing well. Please keep us posted and you are in our prayers.

Love

Julie Morris

 
At 11:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that Sam is doing well and now this big surgery is behind you! We will definitely continue to keep Sam and all the Hedden's in our prayers!

love and prayers,
Susan and Jonathan

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Becky said...

So glad to hear from you and that Sam's surgery went well. I must admit I have been worried about you guys. Sorry to hear about the snow. I hope you can make it back to the hospital soon.

Hugs to all!!

Love,
Becky

 
At 1:54 PM , Blogger Shelly and Family said...

Hi Julie...it is so great to hear from you...I was getting worried, but after reading the post, I can see why...Give Sam some Big HUGS from the Leonard family...he'll be in our thoughts and prayers....and please keep us posted on his recovery

 
At 5:33 PM , Blogger Out Numbered! said...

Well it's about time you posted some new stuff. You act as if you have 5 kids!!! Glad to see little man doing so well. Hopefully we will have good news soon on travels in the next 5 weeks *in China*

Jennifer H

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger my3 kids said...

Hi Julie...I was wondering what you guys were up too. It has been so long since you updated and I was getting worried. So happy to hear that Sam's surgery went well. I hope you are able to get back to the hospital soon but at least his daddy is with him. Best wishes on a speedy recovery to little Sam!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home