Monday, July 02, 2007

What A Day! Or should I say What A Weekend!!




My husband and kiddos (along with my parents) took me to the beach this weekend to celebrate my birthday!! It was an amazing weekend! The weather was beautiful and the beach house was more than I ever dreamed. We played on the beach, jumping waves, boogie boarding, hunting for shells, fishing and just spending time together. We ate and ate and ate..... At night we put the kids to bed and watched movies, we read on the porch in the hammock in the afternoon, and played Yahtzee in our spare time (as we always do on vacation). At night we would watch these amazing storms out at sea. The lightning was beautiful and lit up the whole ocean. It was just what I needed to get away from all the worries of TAs, packing, blah, blah, blah..... Just time with family doing nothing but making memories. I couldn't have asked for more! I did have to drive home on my actual birthday today, but we did eat at my favorite local restaurant before leaving the beach and I got to celebrate all weekend, so what is a little driving today? Thanks so much for all of the birthday wishes! I will post more pix later but these are from this morning.

7 Comments:

At 10:37 PM , Blogger Beckyb said...

Love the picture of you and the kids - that is SO good!! Sounds like you had a great time!

 
At 11:10 PM , Blogger Sam said...

Happy Birthday, sweetie!!!! You deserve the best!

Sam

 
At 5:43 AM , Blogger the mommy said...

Julie, Happy Birthday it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Polar Bear said...

Happy Birthday!!

Other than the driving back part, it sounds like a perfect way to spend your birthday weekend.

We live outside of Ashland, KY.

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger kerri said...

Happy Birthday, I am a first timer on your blog.
Sam sent me over.
I want to wish you a big congrats on your handsome son, you must be over the moon, landing on cloud 9.
Enjoy.

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger Becky said...

Happy birthday Julie! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

Becky - who, BTW, is beach bound come Friday!

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger my3 kids said...

Happy Birthday Julie...love the pictures of you with the kids. Sounds like an amazing weekend you all had. Hugs,

Janice

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home