Monday, July 16, 2007

We Were Starting To Think This Day Would Never Come......


It's Official - We received our TA today!! Thanks be to God for only His timing is perfect! Our agency has requested for our travel to be from July 26-Aug 4th. We will know tomorrow if they got their requested consulate appointment which is what really determines when we travel. We are so excited!!! I notified Russ by text message on his phone because he was at the endodontist having a root canal. Maybe our celebratory dinner will have to come later this week! :o) We are all jumping around doing the snoopy dance. For the past week, I have felt as if my feet were bolted to the floor - like I could not pack or move forward with anything until our TA arrived. It has been a strange feeling, and I finally feel free - no longer on pins and needles, but able to plan and pull my packing lists back out. I am hoping that we will really find out our exact travel dates tomorrow. There was a chance, as we got closer to the start of the school year (first day of school is August 14th), that one of us might have to stay home to get the kids registered and ready to go. I had to turn it over to God and try not take it back (which is always the hardest part) - that everything would work out the way it was supposed to. As you can see from the picture above, our little Sam has truly grown up into a boy before our eyes as we have waited for him. His mommy (and daddy) cannot wait to give him a hug!! We are hoping for more good news tomorrow!
Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

At 3:57 PM , Blogger Mother of 2 Angels said...

CAN I COME TOO?????? Oh I am so excited for you sweetie xxxxx

 
At 6:56 PM , Blogger the mommy said...

Julie and Russ, Congratulations we are so happy for you. It wont be long now and Sam will be home. We can't wait to follow your journey.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Susan and Riz

 
At 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What exciting news!

 
At 9:36 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

YAY...so....I think I might get to meet Sam when you are in town too...what a blessing. CONGRATS

 
At 10:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am happy for you -- it seems like you have been waiting for this a long time!

Blessings,
Jodi
(We got our LOA today!!!!)

 
At 5:54 AM , Blogger Shelly and Family said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to follow along your journey in bring Sam home! Let us know where you'll be posting while in China...I am so excited!!!

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger Becky said...

WOO HOO!!!! I can't believe I get to meet Sam next month!! I am so happy for you and Russ!!

Love,
Becky

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger Jen, Dave, Leah and Daniel said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger Jen, Dave, Leah and Daniel said...

Congrats on your TA!
So exciting. Have a safe trip to your little boy :)

 
At 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news!!! I'm so happy for your family. Congrats!
Annette

 
At 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How gorgeous is that child! Congrats, hope he's soon in your arms!

Julie
Mommy to Thomas and Emma

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Becky said...

Okay, it has been a week now....Do you have definite travel dates yet?!?!?!?

Hugs!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home