Friday, June 15, 2007

Getting All Caught Up

I am really behind on all of the activities that we had this Spring - I never even posted Easter pix, so bear with me as I stroll down Memory Lane and get caught up. We are still waiting to receive our LOA for Sam. We are on Day 90 and most people before us received theirs on Day 76-79. We know that this is all in God's timing, but we really want to know when we are going to be traveling!! I remember being so concerned that the kids would still be in school when we traveled, and now I am concerned that they will be going back to school when we travel. Our agency still thinks it will be July because our LOA should be here ANY day and then the wait is generally only a few weeks until you get your TA (travel approval). Being a small SN group (only 3 families) we are hoping that it will be fairly easy to get a consulate appointment with the US embassy in Guangzhou. In the meantime, Coleman has been at Boy Scout camp (he is now officially a TenderFoot), Robbie has started his swimming lessons with Ms. Irene, and Jack has gone to piano camp and spent time with his cousin at Russ' parent's house. Emma finally pee peed on the potty for the first time today. She was so excited and started screaming "Elmo Panties!!" because she knew that was her reward for going (along with some M&Ms). She wore them with pride and has gone potty twice since. I am hoping (and so is my dad - he'll be keeping her while we are in China) that this is the start of the real thing. Only time will tell.......

We are so excited that the Queens from our Wuhan Super Group (travel group to get Emma) are coming to stay with us this weekend on their rive back to Ohio from Florida. We just saw them at the Memorial Day picnic and weekend in Ohio, but it will be great to spend time with them just hanging out with nowhere to be. The kids have been counting down the days! Only 2 more......

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM , Blogger Shelly and Family said...

Hi Julie! I have been following your blog for a long time (that's where I saw you had a blog-make-over by Jen and I had her do one for us). We used one of your beautiful pages in her travel journal (it is one the first page) and the other one we had framed & it is displayed in her bedroom with photos from our referral and gotcha day. I still can't believe that it is almost two years since we have arrived home with our daughter! I see you guys are still waiting with your little guy. And I know you took some time off from posting on your blog, but I can truly say there isn't a day that goes by that I don't stop by & see what's up.

Yes...we must keep in touch!

Sincerely,
Shelly

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger crazylady said...

I was just here scoping out Sams chronies and you got me hook,line and sinker with that little girl.
All your children are beautiful.
Is it just me or do bloggers have the best looking kids? Not to mention some of the dads are smokin' hot.
Oops, sorry, usually I'm less contraversial on my intro comment.
Anyways, great site.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home