Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Hedden Family Christmas Tree





Last year we retired the tree that we had put up every Christmas since we got married 13 years ago. Even then it was a "hand me down." Russ' mom had bought a new tree around the time we got married and gave us her full and gorgeous 9 foot Christmas tree. I just loved it, but it was beginning to lean and the branches were sagging (kind of the way I feel some days!) so we bought a new tree for last Christmas - it is a beautiful tree but they have gone away from the trend of the full and fluffy tree for a slimmer sleeker tree (those darn supermodels have to ruin it for everybody!) It really is a beautiful tree - I have gotten used to it this year and finally consider it a suitable replacement. I have gotten into an ornament groove where I now feel comfortable with how to place the ornaments. You have to understand that I am not a fan of change. My family will know what I mean! I have much bigger things to worry about than my tree, but I am sentimental and I get very attached. My mom used to say that she thought they would have to send me to a counselor everytime we got a new car - I always named them and had several bad days over the whole new car thing. Well, enough of that .... Christmas is wonderful this year with our new beautiful Hedden Family Christmas Tree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home